TULARE COUNTY ANIMAL SERVICES ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETS THE 2ND THURSDAY OF EVERY OTHER MONTH AT 1:00 P.M.; MEETING LOCATIONS WILL VARY.
NEXT MEETING: JUNE 11, 2020 @ 1:00 P.M.
LOCATION: TULARE COUNTY GOVERNMENT PLAZA
PINE NORTH & SOUTH CONFERENCE ROOMS
5957 S. MOONEY BLVD., VISALIA
The April 9, 2020 Meeting has been canceled due to COVID-19. Please continue to check our website for updates.
ANIMAL SERVICES ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The purpose of the Animal Services Advisory Committee is to advise and assist the Health & Human Services Agency's Animal Services Division on its efforts to protect and enhance the quality of life for animals and residents of Tulare County.
The Advisory Committee is composed of 19 member seats, which include: 1 Representative from the Board of Supervisors; 5 District Representatives (1 representative from each Supervisorial District); 6 At-Large Representatives from any Supervisorial District; 1 Representative from the Health & Human Services Agency; 1 Representative from the Resource Management Agency; 1 Veterinarian Representative; 2 Rescue Group Representatives; 1 Kennel Operator Representative; and 1 Representative from a city.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Committee include:
- Recommending processes for educating the community on animal care and responsible pet ownership.
- Serving as advisors to the Tulare County Board of Supervisors on animal-related issues.
- Making recommendations for promoting public awareness of Animal Services.
- Recommending policies that enhance current services, identifying gaps in services, and recommending new services to be provided by Animal Services.
- Developing and recommending methods to promote adoption of shelter animals.
- Developing and recommending methods to decrease the number of animals entering the shelter.
- Recommending ways to encourage volunteer participation at Animal Services.
- Making recommendations on strategies, goals, and funding resources to bolster services.
- Assisting in the production of written reports for presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Presenting an annual report to the Board of Supervisors.
- Serving on one of the Subcommittees
- Membership Subcommittee which shall organize recruitment of new members, screen member applications, make recommendations for membership to the Advisory Committee, and conduct orientation and/or arrange for mentoring of new members.