Tulare County Animal Services Division strives to improve the safety and quality of life for the animals and residents of Tulare County by providing the following services:
- Reducing the dangers and nuisances caused by irresponsible pet ownership through implementing and enforcing ordinances
- Providing food and shelter for unwanted, stray, sick, and injured animals
- Protecting pets from abuse, neglect, and homelessness through education and ordinance enforcement
- Responding to emergencies, including dog bites, vicious animals, reports of animal neglect, and public complaints
- Reducing animal overpopulation by promoting and providing spay/neutering services and educating the public on appropriate pet care
- Dog and kennel licensing services
- Microchipping services
Animals under the care and custody of Tulare County Animal Services Division are sheltered at the County’s Animal Care and Adoptions facility. The facility has indoor/outdoor kennel runs for dogs, a combined cat room and outdoor cattery, as well as spaces for non-domestic animals and livestock.
Shelter hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. Closed Sundays and Holidays.