TULARE COUNTY ANIMAL SERVICES ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETS THE 2ND THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 1:00 PM; MEETING LOCATIONS WILL VARY.
NEXT MEETING: APRIL 12, 2018 @ 1:00 PM
LOCATION: RMA CONFERENCE ROOM / 5961 S MOONEY BLVD, VISALIA
ANIMAL SERVICES ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The purpose of the Animal Services Advisory Committee is to advise and assist the Health and Human Services Agency, Animal Services Division on their efforts to protect and enhance the quality of life for animals and residents of Tulare County.
The Advisory Committee is comprised of 19 member seats which includes - 1 Representative from the Board of Supervisors; 5 District Representatives (1 representative from each Supervisorial District); 5 At-Large Representatives from any Supervisorial District; 1 Representative from the Health and Human Services Agency; 1 Representative from the Resource Management Agency; 2 Veterinarian Representatives; 2 Rescue Group Representatives; 1 Kennel Operator Representative; and, 1 Representative from a City.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Committee include:
- Recommending processes for educating the community on animal care and responsible pet ownership.
- Serving as an advisor to the Tulare County Board of Supervisors on animal related issues.
- Making recommendations for promoting public awareness of Animal Services.
- Recommending policies that enhance current services, identifying gaps in services and recommending new services provided by Animal Services.
- Developing and recommending methods to promote adoption of shelter animals.
- Developing and recommending methods to decrease the number of animals entering the shelter.
- Recommending ways to encourage volunteer participation at Animal Services.
- Making recommendations on strategies, goals, and funding resources to bolster services.
- Assisting in the production of written reports for presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Presenting an annual report to the Board of Supervisors.
- Serving on one of the following Standing Committees -
- Membership Committee which shall organize recruitment of new members, screen member applications, make recommendations for membership to the Advisory Committee, and conduct orientation and/or arrange for mentoring of new members.
- Finance/Contracts Committee which shall help write and review grant applications; to review and evaluate program objectives and achievements; to work with the Animal Services to identify public and private resources; to recommend priority goals and objectives.
- Executive Committee which shall help create agendas for all Executive Committee and Advisory Committee meetings, act on emergency matters without a formal meeting, or report on emergency matters shall be made at the next Advisory Committee meeting.