Searching for your lost pet can be a confusing and frustrating experience. We offer you the following tips to aid you in finding your pet.
1. Diligently search for your pet for at least one month, following every lead and visiting all animal facilities at least once every three days.
2. Do not rely on telephone inquiries to find your pet.
3. Talk to newspaper and postal carriers and neighbors.
4. Check with local veterinary clinics and hospitals.
The primary animal shelters in this area are:
Tulare County Animal Services (Check Online)
14131 Avenue 256
Visalia, CA 93292
Shelter Hours: 10 AM - 4 PM, Monday through Saturday
Visalia Animal Care Center
29016 Highway 99
Visalia, CA 93277
Shelter Hours: 12 PM - 6 PM, Wednesday through Friday
12 PM - 5 PM, Saturday through Sunday
Porterville Animal Control
23611 Road 196
Lindsay, CA 93247
Shelter Hours: 12 PM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday
9 AM - 5 PM, Saturday
Tulare Animal Services Facility
3817 South K Street
Tulare, CA 93274
Shelter Hours: 10 AM – 7 PM, Monday
8 AM – 5 PM, Tuesday through Friday
5. Make a lost pet flyer. Distribute within a one-mile radius of where your pet was lost. Post in various locations such as veterinary hospitals, grocery stores, schools, laundromats and churches.
6. Place an ad in the lost and found section of local newspapers such as the Visalia Times Delta, Tulare Advanced Register, Exeter Sun, Dinuba Sentinel and Porterville Recorder. You may also want to try Craig’s List, Thrifty Nickel or other neighborhood magazines. Follow the ads every day and pursue any found ads that may match the description of your pet. USE CAUTION WHEN RESPONDING TO A ‘FOUND’ PET TIP…Always take a friend.
Remember, pets with a current license, identification tag and/or microchip are more likely to find their way home!